Monday, November 15, 2004

Ok, so, I'm in bed with my computer on my lap, my sunflower seeds and diet coke right next to me, all ready to write in my blog. It makes me feel like I'm back in college. Ah, college...

I didn't really have the "normal" college experience. I mean, I went to Canada...nothing in Canada is really normal. But, I loved it anyway, and I wish I could redo it. I don't think I'd do anything differently. Of course, while I was there I hated it. I couldn't wait to be done and "grown up." But I've learned that grown up isn't that great...especially if you consider me grown up :) But now that I look back on it all I remember is the good stuff. I think about my first year of college and it makes me happy. Kristen was the greatest roommate ever, although we never really had our room to ourselves. That was OK, though, because the rest of our floor was pretty cool, too. I remember Ten Things I Hate About You, Chantal Kreviatzuk's Surrounded and Before You, Strawberry Wine (drinking it AND singing it), The West Side Newsletter (I was creative in my procrastination...), sunflower seeds and coke, Mr. Pong, Pizza Pizza, Mike's Hard Lemonade, Blind Date, my SMC sweatshirt (which I still wear, but now I wash it...), Pokey and DUF (our short-lived fish), Wednesdays in the hallway, stealing pylons, watchin tennis at 4am, Peel Pub (Ok, so I don't remember Peel Pub much...more like standing outside of Peel Pub, waiting to get in...once we got in, everything gets a little fuzzy...), lamas, elephants, bunnies, pigs, and water buffalos. Once I wrote the top 100 ways to procrastinate. I don't think I did much studying...but it was a good year. If you aren't Kristen, Raissa, Dana or someone else from "the ghetto", you probably won't really get any of that, so, sorry.

The next three years were all good too, but, I think your freshman year of college is the best, because no one expects you to do well in school. I know that I took advantage of that. Not that I did great in the next three years, but, I did better than my first year.

Well, I've got to get to sleep now. I have a very big day tomorrow...I'm starting my Christmas shopping! If you want a present from me, let me know what you want...

No comments: