Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Dirty Bathrooms. Or, uh, Mary...

I was in the bathroom at the Galleria today and decided I would write a blog about the dirtiest bathrooms in the world. So, I was halfway through my blog for the night when Mary IMed me and told me to write a 5 page blog about her. Those of you who know me well know that I can't say no to Mary, so, here it goes...

You know when you're little and fighting with your brothers and sisters your mom says, "someday you're going to be best friends, and you'll regret that you're fighting now!" Well, my mom used to say that. Ok, so, she probably said the same thing only in words a 5-year-old could understand. But, anyway, I get what she meant now. My siblings are my best friends. I have a special bond with each of them that could never be reproduced with anyone else. I have great friends, and I have a lot of "best" friends. I have my best friends from high school, my best guy friend, my best friend from college, my best friend from culinary school, my best friend from People to People (even if she is a red sox fan...), and a best friend from every other phase in my life. Some of them I lose touch with, but I always consider them my "best friend" from that time. My siblings, though, have been there through every phase (except Louis and Mary, who missed the first 2 and 4 years of my life, and John and Lisa, who, although aren't related by blood, I consider my siblings...and I didn't meet them until, like, 7 years ago).

So, anyway, back to Mary. She's probably one of the funniest people I know. Sometimes when we're driving I'm afraid I'm going to kill us because she makes me laugh so hard. She's also one of the nicest people I know, underneath her bitchy exterior. She's sympathetic and always does the right thing. She's fun, though, and my favorite way to spend a night is to watch TV with her and Esther. It doesn't matter what we watch (although Babies: Special Delivery is always a favorite).

Mary really likes cookies, and she's been text messaging me every day asking me to bring her some. I drive right by her dorm when I go to work, and if I could, I'd bring her cookies every day. But the boys at work eat all the cookies I make. Mary also likes chinese food. She's my favorite person to eat chinese buffet with. She knows how to do it right, so you're in and out in 20 minutes, but totally full when you leave.

I could go on and on about how great Mary is, but, I'm getting tired and I have a busy day of watching TV tomorrow before I meet Esther and Louis for sushi for dinner. Come back tomorrow...you never know what I'll write about after sushi.

1 comment:

Mike Garvey said...

aaaawww... aren't you cute? nice blog so far - it's addicting, isn't it? I was going to do one on my siblings, but now I guess that'd be a faux pas, huh? how was sushi?