Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Christmas Trees and Shopping

YAY! I just finished decorating my Christmas Tree with Louis. I love decorating the Christmas tree each year. From putting the lights on (somehow this year, even though I started with the right plug end at the top, I messed up somewhere in the middle and we had to use an extention cord to plug the lights in...) to arranging all the ornaments (the old, expensive, and breakable ones have to go up top, the crappy home-made ones go down where the cat and little kids can get them), all leading up to when we turn off all the lights in the house and plug in the tree for the "unveiling." This year, though, the unveiling happened amid the Packers game on the big TV and 2 1/2 Men on the kitchen TV...you can see where the family priorities lie...Pagan symbol celebrating the birth of Christ or bad TV and football...bad TV clearly wins.

But, seriously, I do love unwrapping the ornaments. Each one is like a little memory. There are all the ones from when we were little and mom would buy us each an ornament at the Church Bazaar (like Baby Jesus in a milk weed pod...), the nice ones that Dawn has bought us (like the snot drops), and all of the ones we made when we were in preschool. This year Louis and I put all of the ones we made or that were given to us in front, and all the ones Mary, Mike, and Esther made in the back. Ours are much prettier anyway.

I also did a lot of my Christmas Shopping today. I wasn't impressed with the attitude of the Target Team Members. I wanted to pull out my discount card and tell them that I used to work there, and I knew they had been trained better than they were acting, but I knew then they'd probably take my discount card, and I couldn't risk that...I might use it someday. If I ever have cash (it only works if you pay with cash). The people at Starbucks were the best. I think because they were trying to sell mom a million dollars worth of coffee and she wasn't buying it, but, whatever...I like it when people are nice to me. I'll go back to Starbucks now, because they were nice. I'll go back to Target, too, but the experience will be tainted.


No comments: