Tuesday, March 29, 2005

I Love Traveling...

Today I flew to NY. My flight, that was supposed to leave at 8:55, left at 10:20. By that time I had gone through a large Tim Hortons coffee (I didn't win roll up the rim...), a diet coke, and a bottle of water. So when we landed in NY at 11:30ish, I really had to pee. I practically ran off the plane to the baggage claim bathroom. After I peed and washed my hands I went into the baggage claim area. I had asked the flight attendant which carousel my bag would be on, but he didn't know what I was talking about. Our conversation actually went like this:

Me: Do you know which number our bags will be on in baggage claim?

Him: I don't know what you're talking about. You have a flight number, right? 2030-something? I don't know what you're talking about.

Me: Ok, thank you.

So, granted, I didn't really make much sense. I could have asked which number CAROUSEL our bags would be on. But, really...he works in the airline business. He should know what I was talking about.

Anyway, I made it to carousel #1 (my flight number was listed on the TV screen, so I was pretty sure I was at the right place) and I had been there for less and 2 seconds when a security guard started yelling at me from across the airport.

Security Guard (in an Indian accent): Miss! Hey, You, Miss! Have you seen your bag yet?

Me: Uh, no, not yet, bu...

S.G.: Then you must go to that office!

Me: But my flight...

S.G. No, you must go to the office and report your bags. They did not get here.

Me: Ok, but I just came from Buffa...

S.G.: You will never get your bags unless you go to the office and report them not here!

Me (under my breath, walking to the office): Ok, but, my flight just got here...we aren't even all off the plane yet....

So, of course, as soon as I got to the office my bag was the first onto the carousel from my flight. The man then yelled, as I walked to get it:

S.G.: Miss, are you on the flight from Buffalo? Why did you not say so? Is that your bag?

And he kept talking as I walked away.

I love NY...

No comments: