Saturday, March 05, 2005

The dead woman under my bed

A long long time ago when I was little (ok, 2 years ago when I was a senior in college) I was busy doing something (probably sleeping) during prime-time TV, so I taped it. When I had time (or when I should have been studying but felt like watching TV) around 1 o'clock the next morning, I rewound the tape and watched the great prime-time shows I had taped. I think I started with 7th Heaven, then Everwood, and finally CSI: Miami. Well, by the time CSI: Miami started, I was tired and had gotten into bed with the lights off in hopes of falling to sleep. In the very first scene of CSI: Miami a man who was having an affair with his secretary went into a hotel room and heard a buzzing noise. After they checked out all the normal sources of buzzing noises (the heater, the bathroom, etc.), they looked under the bed and found a dead woman with flies buzzing around her. I was immediately turned the TV off and tried to turn the lamp by my bed on, but the bulb was out! I had to get to the light switch across the room to turn the light on without letting the dead woman under my bed get me (if there was a dead woman under the bed on TV, there must be one under my bed...) So I stood up and jumped across the room. I turned the light on and slept with it on. The next morning (well, afternoon, but when I woke up) the girl who lived below me came up to me at lunch and asked if I was OK, because she heard a loud thumping noise in the middle of the night. I told her that I was fine, but I had to turn the light on so the dead woman under the bed didn't get me. Of course she didn't understand, and neither did anyone else in the cafeteria, so I had to explain to them.

Since then Agnes (that's what I named her) has followed me to whatever bed I sleep in. She's always there. That's why I'm sleeping at my parents house tonight because Esther and John aren't home and I don't want to be alone in the house with a dead woman under my bed. Maybe I really am six-years-old...

2 comments:

Scott said...

But think about this: if you really were on CSI: Miami, you'd get to hang out with that fiery Irish hotty David Caruso.

Anonymous said...

Technically, *you* are the woman under my bed. So don't die.