Friday, March 04, 2005

Forever 6

My parents were talking to one of my friends (yes, I have more than one friend...) recently and asked her how old I was. This could upset me, the fact that my parents don't know how old I am, and I could write an entire blog on it, but I'm not going to. She told them that I must be 23 because she had just turned 23 and I'm a few months older than she is. They laughed and said that they don't ever think of me as older than anyone and that to them I'll always be 6-years-old. Now, that's kinda cute. My parents love me and think of me as their little girl. But, wait! I'M NOT SIX-YEARS-OLD!

So, maybe sometimes I act like I am...my favorite sheets do say "boys are smelly," but boys are smelly. And if I have a choice between grape juice and beer, lately I've been choosing the grape juice. And I sleep with a lot of stuffed animals, including Pig, Elephant, and Piggy. And I go to bed at, like, 8. And my favorite meal is Chef Boyardee Ravioli. But, I can legally buy beer and have been able to for over 2 years (but I get scared every time I hand someone my ID that they might take it away and tell me it's fake...) And I have my own apartment where I pay rent and utilities and everything from my very own bank account with money from my grown up job. So, the apartment isn't really furnished, and I've used the ceiling paint to draw a happy face on one wall and a message to Mary on another wall, but I'm getting it painted...and my bathtub has more toys (as in rubber duckies) than my bathtub at my parents house ever did, and I have Mr. Bubble and Cookie Monster Bubble Bath (which smells SO YUMMY! like blueberries!), but who doesn't love bubble baths with rubber duckies? At least I don't pick my nose anymore...

No comments: