Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Cookies contain fat?!?!

My homepage when I open Explorer is Netscape.com. It's a fairly informative page, meaning that I get the important news, like "the sport most americans hate" (according to Netscape the #1 most hated is dog fighting. I'd have to agree), as well as fun stuff, like quizzes to see whether or not I'm a good kisser (of course I am, with all the practice I get). Today when I opened Explorer and netscape came up the first story I saw was titled "Girl Scout Cookies' Dirty Little Secret." As a former girl scout and a current cookie maker, I had to read it. It turns out that anyone who is surprised by this secret probably does not know how to turn on a computer, and therefore is not reading anything on Netscape.com.


Girl Scout Cookies' Dirty Little Secret
It's that time of year when Tagalongs and Thin Mints tempt you from street corners everywhere. Girl Scouts are in full swing peddling their cookies, but what they won't tell you is that the delicious tidbits are packed with high levels of unhealthy trans fats, a component of the partially hydrogenated oil used in the cookies that is particularly bad for heart health.



Is this really news? Cookies are bad for you. I'm a little disappointed with Netscape for putting this on their page, and it if wasn't for the fact that they told me I'm sexy (according to a quiz I took the other day), I might have to find a new homepage.

On a completely different note, everyone should check out Raissa's blog. I'd put it over on the side of my blog but I forgot how to do that, so until I see Mike again and have him show me, use that link.

1 comment:

Scott said...

They might be bad for you, but have you ever heard anyone say, "the cookies killed him?" I thought not. Pass the Nutter Butters.