Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Fifty Nifty United States

Today I got up early and had done everything I was obligated to do by 1. I was really excited and thought I could spend the whole day catching up on stuff...like painting...but I got home and looked at my couch and thought, "well, a short nap during a movie won't hurt." So I pulled Me, Myself, & Irene off the shelf, but inside the box was a home video entitled "Summer 1994." It put me right to sleep. I love my family, but, man, we're boring. Even Louis and Caitlin (10-years-old in the video) doing dances couldn't keep me awake, because the rest of the video (almost 2 hours of shots of the trees and grass around our house) was sofa king boring. So I slept until 4. Then I woke up and and thought, "Well, at least I can make myself a nice healthy dinner and do some recipe research." I checked my email first, though, and mom had sent me this: Place the States. I got nothing done for the rest of the day. But, I can now tell you where every one of the 50 states goes (well, the square ones in the middle I don't always get right, but no one cares about them anyway). Yes, I know I should have learned that in 2nd grade, but I didn't. I'm proud of myself for learning it now. Maybe Ellen will let me come on her show and show everyone how smart I am...last week she had a 10-year-old who knew a lot about presidents, but I bet he doesn't know where Colorado is.

No comments: