Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Maybe I should get a nanny...or some restraints.

So, you know what it's like to be in a house with a toddler? I'm assuming you do. Sometimes, that's how I feel with Amy. Only she's a very smart toddler. But...she. does. not. sit. still. EVER.

Remember her broken toe? Common sense says you should not move too much on a bone in your foot that is broken. But Amy likes to move. She likes to take out the garbage and do the dishes and the laundry and clean the garage and feed the dogs (Ok, maybe she doesn't like to do those things, but she also doesn't like to wait for me to do them...). She's just incapable of sitting and doing nothing (a skill I have perfected, by the way.)

So, my point is, she has to have surgery now because her toe hasn't healed (not necessarily because she didn't stay still for three weeks like the doctor told her to), and after the surgery she has to stay off of her foot for 10 days. For real this time.

How do you keep a toddler (or Amy) still for 10 days? Does anyone have any Dora or Diego movies I can borrow?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have the whole first season of Magnum!! This was a gift from the girls when I was home with my broken foot (insert "non-compliant patient"). But seriously, who doesn't want to watch Magnum and TC and Higgins? Over and over and over....