Saturday, March 03, 2007

100,000

A month or so ago Amy took my car to get an oil change. Sweet of her, right? She also got me new windshield wipers, which I LOVE, but, that's a different story (or not...that's pretty much the story.) The point of this is that the little sticker they put on to remind me when to bring the car back had the mileage of 1003--something or other. In the hundred-thousand miles. I was SO excited. I get excited when I see the last two numbers on the odometer change at the same time, so, all of them? I COULD NOT WAIT! It was a long wait. This past week I've taken the long way everywhere. Last night I got home from work and my odometer said 099997. I went out to meet friends right down the street and when I got there, it said 099998. When I got home it looked like this:

















I know, right?? Just give me the 099999! But no. So today we were on our way to Mom and Dad's. Amy was driving and stopped in the middle of our street so I could get this picture:














We had to stop at Target first, but Target is less than a mile away, so it wasn't until the middle of Elmwood near Hertle (where Amy was good enough to stop, again,) that we (Amy) got this picture:













My little car...all grown up.






Speaking of grown up, look at this:






















I think she's ready for her own cell phone.

No comments: