Saturday, March 10, 2007

Earlier this week Lisa called me and asked if I could go swimming with Maeve on Saturday (today.) She had to work but Maeve loves her swimming class, so I met Mike at the YMCA this morning and took Maeve into the pool. I have to say that I was nervous. For a few reasons, really (in no particular order:) (1) I wasn't sure if my bathing suit would fit (it did, barely.) (2.) I was nervous about getting Maeve into her swimmy diaper and bathing suit in a locker room the size of my bathroom. (3.) I was worried I'd drop her while we were swimming. I mean, really...she's a wiggly baby who gets slippery when she's wet.


Well, I met Mike at the Y and as we were walking in we passed Mary getting Julia out of the car. So we all went in together, and Mary and I took the girls into the locker room and got them changed. It wasn't as hard as I had imagined, and we were changed with time to play some peek-a-boo before class started.
We had a great time. The hardest part of the day? After class when the moms and kids from our class were also trying to get into dry clothes and about 800 people using the gym decided to come get changed too...I had to balance Maeve on the bench to put a dry diaper on her, and then finish getting her changed on my lap, while I was still wearing a wet bathing suit. But it was worth it. She was so much fun in the pool! She loved floating on her back to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and kicking her legs and splashing with Julia. And I didn't drop her once!

2 comments:

kt said...

she's such a big girl :(

Anonymous said...

too bad you didn't get her chunky thighs in this picture.