Saturday, October 28, 2006

One exam down...

Picture it:

Thursday, Oct 12, 2006.

2:00 pm. Me, sitting on the couch in my pajamas, surrounded by chemistry (as in books, labs, notes, homework assignments, not as in actual chemical reactions, although technically I was surrounded by them too.) It starts snowing, and through the tears in my eyes, I pray to God that it will snow so hard UB will close the next day and I won't have to take the chem exam.

10:00 pm. Still snowing, but Grey's is over, so I go to bed. I have class early, and then have to study more. There's no way UB will close...they never close.

Friday, Oct. 13, 2006.

12:30 am. Amy wakes me up and says, "I know you have class in the morning and an exam tomorrow night, so you need your sleep, but you HAVE to see this."

The next six hours: Apocalypse.

So, my exam was postponed. Sorry, everyone...that whole "October Surprise" thingy? My fault.

Fast forward a week. I'm in Chem lecture. My prof says the test has been rescheduled for Oct 27th. I pull out my datebook to write it in, and realize that I now have 4 major tests, 6 labs, and 3 quizzes in 3 weeks. Oh, and an extra credit oral report. On sex determination in alligators.

My first exam was last night. I got my name right, and I'm pretty sure I got my student number right (that's already better than on the PSATs, where I spelled my name wrong...) The rest of the questions? It's very possible I did OK.

No comments: