Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Esther thought that she was the last to post about the big storm, just because Mike, Aly, and Scott had already posted. She's wrong, I'm posting now. They have better stories (or, at least stories they can {1} remember and {2} tell on the internet) but I have stories.

I already posted about Thusday night (so I guess I did technically beat Esther.) It didn't change much after that. Amy, Sue, Chris and I stood outside on the porch and watched trees fall on the cars. My car was never hit, luckily. All the people on the block were out on their porches, and when the noise from falling trees wasn't too loud, we'd yell to each other to make sure we were all OK. It was nice, in a scary, war-zone way. Around 4 I made coffee and we drank that until we ran out of Baileys.

We finally went to bed around 6, but woke up around 7 when Amy's step-mom called to make sure we were OK. I called UB to make sure I didn't have class, and the number said they were open. I walked outside and saw this:




















There was no way I was getting off the street, even with no trees on my car.

I spend the rest of the day moving trees (ok, I watched the rest of the block move trees...I threw some snow balls, then walked to the store to buy more Baileys and other supplies. But I got some pictures on my walk:)

The rest of the weekend I spent staying warm and watching TV and movies.

All in all, I got off easy, especially since I was the one who prayed and prayed for anything that would keep me from having to take my chem exam on Friday...

No comments: