Wednesday, October 25, 2006

A few days ago I was at Canisius meeting with an wait to see if I get accepted, first.advisor about what they could do for me, should I transfer to their beautiful school. I was parking in the visitors lot, where there were about 10 open spots, but each open spot had an orange cone in front of it. I waited and waited for the parking guy to come move them, but he was no where to be found. I didn't want to be late for my meeting, so I got out of my car and ran to move one of the cones. I was within arms lenght when I reached out, tripped over my foot, twisted my right ankle, and landed on the cone with my left hand. I never technically hit the ground. The cone bent, and my wrist bent backward, but it stopped me. I moved the cone, parked, and went to my meeting, trying to forget about the pain and pretend I didn't trip over my own foot. My ankle is a little bruised, and my wrist hurts if I move it a certain way. I was going to sue, but I think I'll wait and see if I get accepted first.

So, yeah, I met with an advisor at Canisius. I wanted to make it through at UB, but, I hate it. I've decided that I need the help I can get at Canisius to get through sciences. I mean, their biggest lectures have 55 people in it! My biggest lecture at UB? Over 600. The bad things are:

1.) The cost. Yeah, Canisius is a lot more than UB. But, I want to get into dental school, and if I continue at UB I will not get into dental school, I will just have UB loans to pay back with a job at...well, McDonalds, or, worse, Olivers. If I take loans out to pay for Canisius, and go to school there, I will get into dental school. And then I will become and Oral Surgeon. And make enough money to pay back the loans. I win.

2.) UB's lowest BIO class is BIO200. I'm in it. Next semester I would be in BIO201. Canisius has the same BIO200 and BIO201. But, they also have BIO101 and BIO102. They won't let me take BIO201 this spring because I haven't taken 101 or 102, even though I'm in 200 right now. Boo. They also don't have the same calculus class I'm in, so, I have to retake calc. Boo again. So, the class I'm doing the worst in, Chem, is the one class I get to use. I'm in Chem 101 and can take Chem 102 this spring at Canisius. I suppose I could possibly use my Bio eventually and skip it when I'm supposed to take it, after the 101 and 102, but, we'll see how I do.

I've weighed the pros and cons, and Canisius wins HUGE. So, assuming they accept me, again, for the 3rd time, I'll start there this spring. I'm excited. It makes me want to cry less every time I drive onto the UB campus.

No comments: