Saturday, December 25, 2004

Merry Christmas to all and Boys are Smelly

Merry Christmas! It's almost 5 am, and I've been awake for a long long time...it's because I went to bed too early. Well, that's what I'm telling myself. It's not because Santa came and I'm too excited to sleep :)

Last night I left work at 6 and it was too bad to drive home so Lisa drove me. It was SCARY. Not because Lisa drove (Lisa, you're a very good driver), but because the snow was so bad. It was like driving through a piece of white paper, only a really thick piece of white paper, because it took us an hour and a half to get through it. Then, when I got home, I was too tired to really enjoy the Christmas Eve party, which makes me sad because Christmas Eve is my favorite day of the whole year. Even more than my birthday. But I did get some good presents, including lots and lots of socks, some special cake decorating food coloring, and SHEETS THAT SAY BOYS ARE SMELLY!!!! I washed them right away so I could maybe sleep on them last night (or tonight...), but I went to bed before they were done being washed. Mike and Lisa gave me the sheets, so I'd like to thank them publicly, here on my Blog. THANK YOU!

I went to bed around 11, and woke up around 3. And since then I've been playing Mah Jong on yahoo, trying to convince myself that I can wait until 8 to go downstairs and open my presents. I know I'm "all grown up" and should be patient enough, but, I'm not. Christmas brings out all my greed. I spend all year being selfless (just agree with me on that, ok?), so on Jesus's birthday, I want my presents.

I'm going to try to sleep...maybe I should go downstairs to the medicine cabinet and get some NyQuil...I could do it without looking at my presents in the den...really, I swear, I wouldn't look... ;)

No comments: