Monday, December 06, 2004

Chocolate Snot

I'm really really sick. I think I'm dying. Can you die from a cold? Well, I might be about to. At first I was just coughing a lot, and my throat was sore (an unfortunate result of coughing). Then stuff actually started coming up when I would cough. And now my ears are all stuffed up and my throat still hurts and I'm still coughing and my nose is stuffed up but it's also running. It's very weird. I had to go to work, even though I'm sick. Don't worry, I washed my hands a million times and didn't sneeze or cough anywhere near any of the food or any surfaces that the food would touch. It's still safe to eat dessert at Olivers. Well, as safe as it always has been...anyway, I was making molten chocolate cakes (which I overbaked...so they're really just mini chocolate cakes...) and managed to inhale a lot of the cocoa powder. When I went into the bathroom to blow my nose a few minutes later, I was really worried because my snot was a weird brownish color. I was sure I had an awful infection. Then I remembered the cocoa, and I laughed at myself until I started coughing so hard I almost threw up. It was a tough day.

Yesterday was Mo's birthday. I was gonna call her to wish her Happy Birthday, but she called me. That's why we're such great friends...we might not have much in common, but we both love me :) No, really, she's great. She's one of my best friends. And we do have a lot in common...we both like brownies at 5 am, we both like to drink, we both hate wrists...we were destined to be friends.

I'm almost done with my Christmas Shopping! I just have to get 3 more presents. And I think I know what I want to get...I just have to buy them. I love Christmas...I'm probably the only person in the world who likes that it's being celebrated earlier and earlier every year. I wish I could live in Whoville where it's Christmas year round!

The NyQuil is starting to kick in, so I'm off to bed...I'll update soon, so check back!

No comments: