Friday, December 03, 2004

My Driving Rules

Hello! We haven't spoken in so long! I know, it's all MY FAULT, since I'm the only one speaking in this relationship...but, I'm sick and I've been busy. So, on to my complaining.

I'm a relatively new driver. I know I'm not the best driver in the world, but I know most of the rules (even if I don't follow them...), and I'm amazed at then number of REALLY REALLY bad drivers out there. I mean, driving is dangerous! The rules are there for a reason! Now, I know some of the rules don't count, like the speed limits. It's perfectly acceptable to go at least 10 MPH over the posted limit, it's VERY dangerous to go slower than the speed limit. I mean, sometimes even the speed limit is dangerous...

Another thing that really annoys me is when people don't move over for someone who's trying to merge onto a highway. Do people not realize that it's illegal to not move over?!?! Not to mention rude...

I also hate it when people cruise in the left lane when they aren't going fast enough. I don't really care if you cruise in the left lane as long as you're going faster than I am. But when I get stuck behind you, I'm not happy. So move over. Or speed up. The left lane is for people passing only! If you're driving slower than me, then you're not passing!

It's really too bad that it's not a law that everyone has to go to my school of driving. Then the world would be full of...well, drivers that don't piss me off :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anyone with a car named "Ethyl" should be able to make up rules of the road. At least you don't have an NPR bumper sticker...

Mike Garvey said...

yeah, that's just be tacky. unlike me - I have a WBFO one.