Monday, December 13, 2004

It's now 1:05 am on Monday morning. I should be asleep. I was asleep, and then I woke up. For no reason. I wasn't thirsty, I didn't have to go to the bathroom, I didn't have a bad dream...I was thinking about potato chips, but I wasn't really hungry. So why am I wide awake? I don't know. But, now that I am, all I can think is "I need to sleep." And that makes me even more awake.

I know I need to sleep now because I have some very busy weeks coming up. I work every day between now and Christmas. And not only do I work, but I'll probably go out for drinks after work, because I'm young and stupid and haven't learned that I hate working hung over and tired, although right now, when I'm perfectly sober and wide awake, I know that I hate working hung over and tired. So I've been trying to store up sleep, like a squirrel stores up food. I don't think it really works like that, but maybe if I can convince myself it does, then it will...


No comments: