Thursday, June 02, 2005

Gotta Love Grandmas

I can say honestly that my grandmothers love me. Most people probably don't think that's a big deal...I mean, who's grandmother doesn't love them? Well, my grandma might love some of her grandchildren, but she sure doesn't like them, and never shows her love. Anyway, she loves me, and she shows it. Not by hugging me all the time or anything, but she talks to me and is normally pretty nice to me. This love isn't just given away or anything, either...I've had to spend hours and hours talking about religion and other fairly boring stuff, as well as doing good deeds like driving to the store and buying Depends. Anyway, last night at Lisa's shower we played a game where there were presents and you could steal them away from people. I stole a paper towel holder away from Katie B., which I really really wanted. I was really excited about it. The very next turn Mimi got to go, and she stole my paper towel holder! I wasn't too upset because I figured she'd give it to me, but nope. She didn't. Why does she hate me? And why does she need a paper towel holder? Does she keep paper towels in her bedroom? I don't think she does...

Worse than that, though, was what Grandma did right after I got there. I went right from work so I was sweaty and smelly, but wearing a skirt and everything so I looked OK. Aunt Gretchen hugged me and told me how great I looked and asked if I had been sick because I had lost so much weight. I said no, I just don't have enough money for food anymore. Aunt Barb was right there and also started commenting on how great I looked. I was basking in their praise when Grandma said, "Well, it's not like she's gonna blow away or anything." Gee, thanks Grandma. I know I'm not tiny, but you don't have to point it out like that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"what where you, the peach?"........