Monday, June 20, 2005

Books

Mikey memed me again, this time I have to write about books. I'm SO SO SO tired, though. This sympathy pregnancy I'm going through is really getting to me. So, I'll try to answer the questions, but, I've been forgetting a lot of stuff lately too, due in part to the tiredness and in part to sympathy-pregnancy-brain, I think, so if I leave a question blank or something, forgive me...

NUMBER OF BOOKS I'VE OWNED:
Own all by myself? Probably not as many as Mike...I got a lot of hand-me-downs...people tend to forget about middle children. Now, though, Mom and Dad love me most, so I do own about 50 cookbooks, most of which I'm currently using to hold up pictures of my drunk friends.

LAST BOOK I READ:
I read a book with Mary yesterday in the check-out line at Wegmans, but I don't know the name of it...it has something to do with animals and there were lots of bright colors. The last Big-Girl book I read was...well...I started a book called Candy Freak. It was really really good and I want to finish it, but now I have cable so I don't read so much. The last book I totally read was called Skin by Roald Dahl. It's a bunch of his short stories. Very very odd, but good.

FIVE BOOKS THAT MEAN A LOT TO ME:
1. The Bible -- I've actually read a lot of it. I had to. For school. And I guess for my eternal salvation, too.

2.My Baby Book -- it's short - hardly any written words and even fewer pictures, but I've gotta love it.

3. The Pink Motel -- I don't know who wrote it, but I can remember Mom reading it to us when we were little.

4. The Way To Cook -- Julia Child is my hero. If she does't explain how to make something in this cookbook, you don't need to know how to do it.

5. Where The Wild Things Are -- It reminds me of Mike.

THREE PEOPLE WHO NOW MUST RIGHT ABOUT BOOKS:
1. Leah
2. Lisa
3. Raissa

4 comments:

Mike Garvey said...

The Pink Motel was by Carol Ryrie Brink. I almost wrote about it too.

Anonymous said...

Your lack of reading is evidenced by the spelling of "THREE PEOPLE WHO NOW MUST RIGHT ABOUT BOOKS"

Cecilia said...

Uh, you're at the SHORTBUS, Esther...

Anonymous said...

Nice Blog, see you at internet.
Jalberto