Monday, March 17, 2008

Summer of '84

In the summer of 1984 my Dad graduated from dental school and the family moved from Jackson, MS to Buffalo.


The Summer Olympics were held in Los Angeles


Svetlana Savitskaya became the first woman to walk in space.


Vanessa Williams became the first African American to be crowned Miss America, and was de-crowned when nude pictures of her showed up in "Penthouse."


The Space Shuttle Discover took off for its maiden voyage.




And my brothers only had one shirt between them:


4 comments:

Esther said...

OMG, I am laughing so hard I have tears streaming down my face. This is even funnier on a blog.

lisa said...

this is hysterical. maybe mike could borrow one of miles' t-shirts for old times' sake?

Maryface said...

at least mom gave them pants

Leah said...

pants AND matching socks. I've only got 3 and that rarely happens and it Aidan calls me on it.