Friday, December 07, 2007

One Down, 3 to Go

YAY! LAST DAY OF CLASSES...well, for this semester...only 14 semesters to go (not counting those summer semesters...or residency, because I don't think they have semesters...they have rotations, according to the TV I watch.)

I had my first final exam last night. Anatomy and Physiology Lab. I was all ready for it to last all three hours. It started at 6. At 6:10 I finished question 85 and went back to look for any questions I missed or skipped over because I wasn't sure. There was 1. It was a fill in the blank.

"A heart rate of over 100 bpm is ______."

So I spent 10 minutes trying to figure out a word for "heart beating too fast." See! Free rice DID come in useful! I went through the Latin - hypercircsomething....no. Then through all the diseases I remembered from people when I worked with dad - allergy to penicillin? Nope. Finally, after spending more time on this question than on the rest of this test, I wrote:

"normal, if you're exercising."

It's true, right? Besides, since the exam is only out of 80 and there were 85 questions I can get 5 wrong and still get a 100%.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

tachycardic

Esther said...

I'll bet you a million dollars that Dad left that comment.

Cecilia said...

Dammit! Free rice never gave me that choice!