Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve

Today is my favorite day of the year. Well, this year both May 31st and December 18th were pretty great too, but in an average year, Christmas Eve is always pretty high on my list of favorite days. I'm done with my shopping, everything is wrapped, and now it's just family, food, and fun. Even though I've already celebrated Christmas twice, and I won't get my presents from Santa until the 26th (he leaves them at mom and dad's house for me, still, so I'll get them when I go there for our Christmas Dinner), I'm just as excited. My inner child, who is really happy with this new arrangement where I get 5 Christmas celebrations each year, can't wait for tonight's party. It's really hard to be grown up when all you want to do is dance around your house and sing to Christmas songs. Which, I suppose, I could do, but then Amy would think I was crazy and probably leave me, and I'd be back to just 2 Christmas celebrations (the Christmas Eve party and our family dinner.) So, instead, I'll get all the stuff we need together to go out to mom and dad's for the party, find something to wear to church, and maybe take a shower. That seems like something a grown up would do.

No comments: