Tuesday, September 19, 2006

But the school is CLOSED!

If you saw me right now, right this minute, and we started talking, this is what the conversation would be:

You: Hey, Cecilia, what are you doing here?

Me: Well, this is the first outlet I found next to a chair. I walked through 3 buildings. This is the FIRST OUTLET NEXT TO A CHAIR. So I sat here.

You: No, I mean, the school is closed. Why are you here?

Me: Oh, yeah, I know the school is closed. The Dalai Lama is on campus waiting to entertain an audience of 3 million people. To have classes would be crazy. I mean, students wouldn't come, because they're all going to see the Dalai Lama, the students who do come are just taking up Dalai Lama parking spots - I mean, for his audience...I don't think he actually drives - and the security on campus is so crazy that for my one o'clock class I had to get here at 9:30 just to be sure I was actually allowed on campus.

You: What do you mean, 1:00 class? The school is closed!

Me: Yeah, it is, isn't it? Bert's cafeteria is closed so I can't sit at a table by the window and study, I don't think any of the cleaning staff is here, because there's no toilet paper in the girls bathroom over there...and I'm sure my biology professor isn't here.

You: Why would he be here?

Me: Because he made me come. I have to be here for bio lab, EVEN THOUGH THE SCHOOL IS CLOSED! And the security is crazy! If you don't have a ticket you're not supposed to be here. My TA sent an email saying to plan on parking off campus and walking. WHY WOULD YOU HAVE CLASS WHEN THE SCHOOL IS CLOSED?

You: Man, that sucks.

Me: You have no idea. It's like knowing you have a snow day the night before, then getting up and deciding to go to school anyway, even though no one else is there, just to sit in the hall and wait until the next day when everyone comes back.

You: Why would you do that?

Me: Why would you have lab on a day the school is closed?

You : You sound a little...bitter about this...

Me: No, not at all. I actually like biology and am happy to be here. Besides, since there are no other classes and all the Dalai Lama traffic is being sent across the campus, I got a really good parking spot. And, I can spend all this time until my class studying for my exam tomorrow. And maybe go see the sand art thing the monks did. I want to see that.

You: Yeah...ok...hey, nice shoes.

Me: Thanks, I got them this weekend. They're really comfortable.

You: Your shirt is really funny too...haha, absolutely no nuns...ha.

Then you'd probably walk off to wherever you came from. But, we can't have this conversation. Why? Because you're not here because THE SCHOOL IS CLOSED! I'm going to study now for my exam, which is tomorrow, when the school is open again.

1 comment:

Esther said...

I think we did just have that conversation? I'm glad to see you're using the time wisely to enteratin me with blog posts.

Also, Mike and I saw a parking spot reserved for the Tibetan Monks yesterday. It was an orange traffic cone with a handwritten sign taped to it that said "Reserved for Tibetan Monk Parking". Mike took a picture so watch his blog. Hilarious.