Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The worst part

My house is a mess. More specifically, my office is a mess. Studying generates a lot of papers.
For Anatomy I have 2 finals (lab and lecture.) Each final is 85 questions, and the questions are taken from the exams and quizzes we've had throughout the semester. Which means that I have 10 quizzes (at an average of 4 pages each) and 5 exams (at an average of 8 pages each) plus 2 packages of 3X5 cards. For Bio I had 10 quizzes (3 pages each) plus 17 internet quizzes, 30 pages of outlines I made from my notes and the book, 4 scan-tron sheets from the exams taken during the semester, 4 or 5 packages of 3X5 cards, and about 40 pages of loose-leaf paper to write stuff down on, do problems on, etc. while I was re-taking quizzes. I'm getting ready to start studing for Chem. I feel bad just throwing out all of this stuff from the exams i've already taken, but, really, I don't want to look at it anymore. And I don't want to take the time to separate it all into piles (Bio vs. Anatomy, quizzes vs. exams vs. outlines, etc.) So instead of doing anything with any of it, I take it all out of my bag, and pile everything up on the futon in my office. The futon is a fire hazard right now.

On a totally unrelated note, you know the iPhone? How everybody who has one loves it? Well, I love mine, I do, even though I'm on my THIRD ONE! Seriously. The first one I got was great until the space bad on the text messaging stopped working. That's kinda important. So I took it into the Apple Store and they said that, although they had never actually seen it, this was possible (obviously) because the phone is run on an operating system just like a computer is, so if the operating system stops working right, the phone stops working right. They gave me a brand new phone and I left. Well, notexactly like that...I had to go home first, empty my pictures and contacts on the Amy's computer (because at the time I didn't have a computer,) then go back to the mall and get the new phone. Then with the new phone I had to re-set up my voicemail, email, favorite places, etc.

Yesterday my study partner asked to use my phone, so I gave it to her. After a minute she asked how to dial the zero. So I said press it. But it didn't work. And I couldn't get it to work. So after my exam I emptied my phone onto my computer, and then went to the Apple store. I told them that this was already my second phone, and the guy was amazed. He had only seen this problem once (uh, yeah, that was me...) and never heard of anyone having the bad luck of having thier bad phone being replaced with a bad phone. So I have a new phone, with a new, updated system. At least Apple is good about just giving me new phones.

No comments: