Saturday, December 08, 2007

My Own Personal NaBloPoMo...

I think exam period is better for blogging than NaBloPoMo...you know...that thing where people try to post every day in November? Really, all you need in order for me to post every day is to put me in the library for extended hours surrounded by books that, while I find them interesting on an intellectual level, I'd rather be watching Pysch and Monk that I have DVR'd from last night...and this way I can at least think about how much I'd rather be watching Psych and Monk.

Anyway, I'm not in the library. I'm outside the library. Because it is 9:05 am, and the library doesn't open until 10:00 am. Why doesn't the library open until 10? Probably because this is COLLEGE. And in the real world: college edition, people went out last night. There was a happy hour that started at 9 pm! At 9 pm I was going home. It was late. I was asleep by 9:30! Which is why I had to DVR Monk and Psych, and why I'm up now, ready to study. In my day, we didn't have bars that were open until 4 am, and we got up early to study, and we walked through snow and ice and wind to get to the library! (Haha, that's partly true...the bars in Canada are only open until 2, and we didn't have fun tunnels to walk through, to get to different buildings from the one you were in, so if you went to the library, you did walk through snow and ice and wind...but I don't know anyone who actually did go to the library...)

Ok, anyway, last night I went to Wegmans, which is normally a nice experience. I was out of one of my prescriptions, and had called in the refill on Wednesday. I knew there'd be a problem calling it in, because there weren't any refills left on the bottle, but my doctor prescribes me 2 drugs, A and B. I ran out of B a long time (like 2 weeks) ago, so she send in refills for both A and B. Now I wanted A refilled, so I call Wegmans and can only get the automated thing, which says I don't have any refills, they'll call my dr., come in Friday it should be ready. So I went in yesterday to get it. Nope, nothing filled for me. So I explain the above to the guy, who looks at me like I have to heads and says, "I don't get it." Then he looks at the computer and and says, "Oh, yeah, your doctor did fax us a refill for A two weeks ago, and on Wed. Do you want one of thoes filled?" I said yes. He said it would be 1/2 an hour. I said I didn't want to wait, but I'd be back when they opened this morning. This is our conversations after that:

Me:What time do you open tomorrow?
Him: well, I get here at 8, so probably about 9 or 9:30.
Me: Um, Ok...Oh, there's a sign. You open at 8:30. I'll be here at 8:30. I'll pick it up then. Can you have it ready by then?
Him: Yep. Which one do you want?
Me: Drug A
Him: But there are two precription refills for it.
Me: Are they exactly the same?
Him: let's see...2 weeks ago it was for this much this many times a day, Wednesday was...yep, exactly the same!
Me: then I don't care.
Him: So I can fill either one?
Me: Yes, as long as it's ready for me to get at 8:30 tomorrow morning.
Him: You don't care if I fill the one from 2 weeks ago or the one from Wednesday?
Me: No, they're the exact same thing...
Him: Ok, let's see...how do I do this...
Me:

But it was. I went in this morning and the guy was there and he said "Oh! You were here last night! But I don't remember your name." So I told him, got my drugs, paid, and left. As I was pulling out of Wegmans, I realized I had also called in a refill for something from another doctor that DID have refills left, but, since I can also get it OTC, I figured I'd let it slide.

No comments: