Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Parking and Dave

So yesterday I was driving home from class. It was around 9:30 and I was STARVING. I hadn't eatten anything since the soup and sandwhich I had for lunch at noon. I cannot go for 9 and a half hours without eating, especially when I'm going through sympathy pregnancy (I think my baby belly has gotten bigger than Lisa's...) So, I pulled onto my street and remembered that I didn't have to get up for work today, so I had to park on the right side of the street. This always confuses me. As someone who has always had a driveway, I HATE HATE HATE! the switching sides of the street thing. I hate the parking on the street thing, but I'm getting better at that. So I read the first sign that I saw that said I couldn't park between 9am and 4 pm Mon., Tues., and Wed. Well, I have no idea what day of the week it is most days, let alone what day of the week the next day will be. So I had to stop, in the middle of the street, and figure it out. Then I did. Tomorrow (today) will be Wednesday, so I had to park on the left side of the street. I try not to park on the left side of the street. For one thing, my house is on the right side of the street. For another, I find it difficult enough to parallel park on the right side, the side I learned to park on. Why torture myself by parking on the left? So I drove up slowly looking for a spot on the left. There weren't any. But I had passed one before I figured out which side I was supposed to be one. Since I'm on a one way street, I had to go ALL THE WAY AROUND THE BLOCK and then PARK ON THE LEFT SIDE! And, tomorrow I have to park on the right side. So I have to move my car at 4. Or whenever I get home. From the Dave Matthew's Band Concert, which is why I'm not working today. Or tomorrow.

I LURVE the Dave Matthew's Band Concert. It's my favorite day of the summer. The first one I went to I went with Esther (which I can say about every band I've ever seen, almost.) That was, by far, the best concert I've ever ever been to. Concerts with Esther in general are always the best. But I've had some good times at the Dave concerts without her, too. After one Dave concert I had to go get drug tested (for my very important job at Target. I passed, but I was a little worried I wouldn't, just from being there.) Last year one of my friends got mad at the line of traffic in front of us when we were leaving and tried to throw her gatorade bottle at the car ahead of us...through my windshield. Luckily she missed (from the front seat) and hit the dashboard. The bottle flew back and hit her in the forehead. I couldn't stop laughing at her. The best part was when she called me from work the next morning and said, "My head is killing me. And not like a hangover hurt, like I got hit." I had to tell her the whole story. She's not that bright.

No comments: