Friday, May 13, 2005

Jury Duty, Emmitt Pumpkin, New Lessons, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

Wow, this is going to be a long long post. That's what I get for not posting...

First, I had jury duty. I liked it. Probably because I only sat in the big room that everyone starts out in for, like, and hour. Then they pulled me back into the smaller room with about 25 other people and they questioned us forever. I was positive I was going to be put on the jury, but at the last minute they kicked me off. It was a little bit like Survivor. Really. I was sitting in the front row, which means I was on the jury, and the woman came in with the bibles to swear us all in, and said, "Cecilia Garvey, you can collect your things and go to the front desk. The rest of you place your right hand..." I was so sad. But then I was mad...They kept me there and questioned me for 800 hours and they knew right away they didn't want me. Stupid lawyers. One of them was named John Hickey. I like to call him Richard.

Yesterday I went to Petsmart and I met Pumpkin. Pumpkin is a 7-year-old yellow cat. I'm in love with him. So I filled out an application to adopt him. I hope I'm approved, because I dreamt about him last night. I'm changing his name, though, to Emmitt. I think it's OK, because, first of all, he's a cat. Cat's don't know their names. So it doesn't matter. And second, I'm going to sit down with him and tell him, "Emmitt, your old owner called your Pumpkin, but that's a stupid name, so I'm going to call you Emmitt." He'll be fine. And he can keep Pumpkin as his middle name. That's what they do with kids on Adoption Story on Discovery Health Channel.

Today I learned that no one should move bookshelves upstairs by themselves. Especially if I built them. There's a good chance they'll fall apart and the bottom half will drop on your foot halfway up the stairs. I also learned that if you hammer screws into a bookshelf they'll fall apart when you try to move the bookshelf upstairs.

And, the most important part of the blog:


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

Yes, today is the best holiday of the year - my birthday. I'm celebrating by unpacking and doing laundry. I'm saving all my real celebrating for Chuck E. Cheeses. I can't wait! They have tie-dyed t-shirts there. I'm planning on getting one and wearing it for the next week, at least...

2 comments:

Mike Garvey said...

wooo-hooo!

Anonymous said...

What did you get with all your tickets at Chuck E's?