Friday, May 20, 2005

Cat Saga

Hiya! So, Emmett came home with me on Saturday. I opened the box he (ok, so, she's actually a she, but, I like the name Emmett so I'm changing her to a him...) came home in and he ran under the dishwasher. Luckily the dishwasher connects to the cabinets so Emmett spend the first 24 hours or so of his life with me in the cabinet. I went to work on Sunday and when I came home, Emmett was gone. I was sure he was dead somewhere. Then I realized that he had run into a hole in the spare bedroom closet that goes into the bathroom walls. So I sat in the closet and talked to him through the hole for hours and hours. He never came out. I had to work on Monday and when I came back home he still hadn't come out. He finally came out at 1 am Wednesday morning (another story in itself...for a small animal he sure can sound like a big man coming in to rob and kill me...), and went back into the kitchen.

So, Yesterday I woke up and was getting ready for work when I heard Emmett coughing behind the bathtub. I was a little sad that he had gone back into the wall, and confused about how he had gotten there since all the doors were closed, but I looked for him in the kitchen and he wasn't there, and who else would be coughing behind my bathub? So I talked to him for a while through the hole in the closet and asked him to come out. I told him if he did I'd make sure he got medicine so his cold went away, but he just kept coughing and coughing. Finally I gave up and went to get some breakfast...Emmett was in the kitchen cabinet. So, I have no idea what's living behind my bathtub. Maybe Agnes the dead woman decided to shower.

Chuck E. Cheeses was a big success. I got a new wallet with all the tickets I won (well, everyone else won and gave to me. After a few beers from a sippy cup it's hard to actually win any of those games...). It's a SpongeBob wallet. I also got 2 packs or Smarties and 2 plastic rings with big beautiful stones.

Well, I'm off to get my dress fitted for Mike and Lisa's wedding. I don't know how many days are left, but, not many! YAY!

No comments: