Monday, December 04, 2006

New House

I MOVED! I don't live in the ghetto anymore!

I live on a very nice street, much closer to her:















And her:




















And Amy already has the whole place unpacked. Except for a few boxes of my stuff, which apparently I have to put away...but as soon as I do we can get a Christmas tree!

I love my new house, but there are a few weird things. Like, I was doing laundry. I had 1 load that was just the shower curtain, 3 towles, and the bathroom rug. I put it in the dryer and turned it on, then went upstairs. An hour later it wasn't dry. So I turned it on for another 60 minutes, and it still didn't dry. I did it again, and it STILL wasn't dry. I was mad. We bought the appliances with the house, and I wanted appliances that worked! I was also doing dishes. The dishwasher washed the dishes but there was water in the bottom. Then we couldn't get it to turn on. I couldn't figure it out. I told Amy to call the real estate guy and tell him we wanted a new dryer and dish washer. So she turned the basement light on to go check the dryer, and the dishwasher turned on. And the dryer started again. So, we can only run the washer, dryer, and dishwasher with the basement light turned on. But we can only have 3 of them on at once, or we blow a fuse. Also, the hall light upstairs has 2 switches. Either of them turn it on, but to turn it off they both have to be in the off position. Which I guess makes sense, unless you turn it on downstairs to walk upstairs, then you have to turn it on upstairs, run downstairs and turn it off, then turn it off upstairs when you're done with the light. Or, use a flashlight to walk up the dark stairs. It's like a logic puzzle. But overall I'm in love with the house. You should all come over and see it.

No comments: