Saturday, November 11, 2006

Rebecca's Bricks

Last week over dinner one night Sue asked if Amy and I wanted to go to an art opening with her. Someone she new had told her about a woman who made pictures out of Legos, and she was showing them at the College St. Gallery starting last night. I said no. #1, I had an exam last night. #2, I wasn't really interested seeing Lego creations. But, she kept asking until finally we said OK, after my exam we'd go. So we went. When we walked in I saw 3 things made out of legos, a ball, a chess board, and a box. I almost laughed. I was like, "really? this is her big opening?" But, I was polite and went over to the free wine and poured myself a glass. Then I saw a reproduction of Van Gogh's Starry Night. I LOVE that painting, so I went over to look at it closer, and realized THE WHOLE THING WAS DONE OUT OF LEGO'S. All of the pictures around the gallery were. It was really cool. Check out her website. Or, if you get a chance, go look at her stuff in the gallery. Or you can wait until we move, when Starry Night will be hanging somewhere in our new house...

No comments: