Friday, January 28, 2005

Marzipan

While Raissa was here visiting last week, I took her on a tour of Williamsville that included her first trip to Mighty Taco. She wasn't as impressed as I expected her to be, but, I think that this is because in Canada Taco Bell has Fries Supreme, which makes me like Canadian Taco Bell almost as much as Mighty Taco. If I were Raissa, I might not have been so impressed with Mighty Taco, either.

But, anyway, the point of this blog entry...also on our tour of Williamsville was Steve's Wonderful World of Pets. I was looking for a kitten, since I still wasn't ready to get another fish, but they said they wouldn't have any kittens until kitten season, sometime in March. They did have some really cute puppies. I really wanted this little white puppy that kinda looked like a rat, but then I remembered that I don't like to move much, and puppies require a lot of movement (you know, walking them, playing with them, feeding them). So while I was walking through Steve's Wonderful World of Pets, I made my way to the fish and I looked at the beta fish. I wasn't really impressed with any, until I saw one, and I knew I had to have him. We bonded instantly. His name is Marzipan.

Marzipan is kinda black and yellow, which I've never seen on a beta before. He's living in my bathroom right now, which is nice. We have a little chat every morning while I get ready for work, and he keeps me company while I shower. Everyone should get a fish.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't kitten season when you can hunt kittens?

Mike Garvey said...

remember when you had a blog? that was awesome.