Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I didn't puke!

Today was my first day at Dad's office. I was a little nervous, due to the whole blood thing, but I was assured that I wouldn't even have to go into the rooms where there was blood if I didn't have to. I could just set up trays. So I set up the trays. Well, Lisa set up the trays, and I watched. And then they used the trays. And the trays came back and had to be cleaned off...because they were full of bloody tools and gauze and teeth. I did it. It wasn't so bad. So I went into the surgery room for the next surgery and stood in the corner. I heard all of the noises and saw all of the bloody gauze and teeth but stayed far far away. I was fine. I walked out at the end of the surgery and everything was OK. The next patient was just a simple tooth being pulled. The woman wasn't even being sedated. She just got novicane. Maybe that's why I almost passed out...before there was anything done. Yep. As soon as Lisa picked up the suction thingy, I felt my face get cold and hot at the same time, and I had to hold onto the counter for some support...as soon as I could walk I ran to the table in the back and Annemarie got me some OJ. I wish I could at least say it happened during something bloody and gross...but, nope...I was in the room long enough, but I honestly don't remember Dad getting any tools. I think I was concentrating on standing up....

No comments: