Friday, February 18, 2005

My Return to Blogging

I just came up with a New Years Resolution. I know it's a little late, but since the resolution isn't to be prompt I'm OK...it's to update my blog more often. Now, seeing as how I haven't done that in, like, 2 weeks, I could write every 13 days and still be OK, but I'm going for once every day or so.

So, a couple of days ago I was driving down Sheridan towards Transit and was about at Youngs when I passed the Main and Transit Fire Department. At first I was a little worried, honestly. I mean, I was pretty sure I knew where I was, but I don't really pay attention when I drive, especially if there's good music on and I was listening to my Simple Plan cd, so I thought it was possible I had somehow ended up at Main and Transit and had no idea how. I didn't want to be at Main and Transit, so this would have been bad, but then I realized I wasn't really at ANY intersection, let alone a big one like Main and Transit. I wasn't even anywhere near Main and Transit. Now, I grew up hearing about how much money Williamsville had, and how their schools would always have better uniforms and equipment (sports wise) than mine (but, really, who didn't?). Why don't they take some of that uniform money and put it into a firehouse relocation fund? Or, better yet, a location/name planning fund, so they could have named the firehouse the "Sheridan and almost Youngs Fire Department," or they could have gone with the simple name and been the "Sheridan Fire Department." It would have been much better for people like me, who don't really pay attention to where they're going when they drive...

No comments: