Sunday, June 05, 2011

Good Buddy

Amy and I got married in Canada yesterday. It was fast - we were in Canada for about 20 minutes, total. We went to a little place called Two Hearts Chapel and stood in front of a white curtain while we repeated the vows given to us by the woman who worked there. After the "wedding" we went to my parents house where the whole family came and we had an awesome steak dinner. And some of us (me, really) had a lot of alcohol.

A little background - when I get drunk I like to shower. I'll sit in the shower until the hot water runs out, then wait a bit before I get back in to sit under the water some more. I feel like maybe I'm getting rehydrated by osmosis, but really it just feels good.

So last night I got into the shower in the basement of my parents house and sat under the hot water. It started getting colder so I picked up a bottle of shampoo that was next to me on the ground and used it to hit the handle over and make the water hotter. I did this a few times before I got out. Then I went back to bed.

A couple hours later I woke up and decided to shower again. This time I knew I should actually use soap and shampoo and get clean, so after a few minutes of sitting I picked up the bottle of shampoo. It said oatmeal and aloe shampoo & conditioner, which sounded nice. I poured a big handful and soaped up my hair. As I was washing my hair I looked at the bottle of shampoo, called Good Buddy, and thought, "that's an odd name," but continued lathering it into my hair. Then I rinsed and picked up the bottle to use it to push the handle over for more hot water when I said, in smaller print, something about a shiny coat...

I washed my hair with dog shampoo.

Because I couldn't figure out that a shampoo called "good buddy" is for dogs. And to make it worse, this is what it looked like:



















Yep, a fire hydrant.

But at least my hair is nice and shiny.

No comments: