Tuesday, August 02, 2005

I hate traffic

I like to consider myself a fairly intelligent individual. However, there are a few things that, no matter how long I live, I don't think I will ever understand. Traffic, for instance. I'm almost positive that for as long as there have been people there have been traffic problems. I mean, can't you see rush hour during the caveman times? All the men walking home at the same time, beating each other with their big clubs tyring to get in front of each other. Not much has changed, really, except that now we can't step off of the path to pass the caveman in front of us (unless, of course, you're one of the jerks who makes their own lanes during rush hour and drives down the side of the highway...) We're stuck on the road, sitting there for hours, listening to bad music. So, if this has been a problem for millions of years, why hasn't anyone done anything about it??? Seriously. Add a lane to the road. Change the traffic light patterns between 4 and 7 so they're green more often in the right way. Raise the speed limits and pull people over for going under them.

So, as much as I hate traffic, I understand it. I don't understand why no one has fixed it, but I understand it. There are traffic lights, construction, slow people, car accidents, and other unaviodable conditions that cause it. But, have you tried to get out of Darien Lake after a concert recently?

I left Dave Matthews as soon as the last song ended (I thought I was leaving before the last song, but he ended 1/2 an hour before he had to...) It was 10:30. I didn't get out of the park until after 1:00. And I didn't just sit around and hang out. I got right in the car and into line to get out. Now, this example is similar to rush hour traffic, but different in the sense that EVERYONE IS GOING TO THE SAME PLACE. EVERYONE WANTS TO GET OUT OF THE PARKING LOT. There's no one going into the park. There's no one going behind the park (they closed that exit). So you're choices are right or left out of the parking lot. WHY DOES IT TAKE SO LONG TO GET OUT?

If anyone can explain this to me, or solve this problem, let me know. Or write to someone who can do something about it...

1 comment:

Scott said...

You should have gone to a NE Patriots game before the new stadium. 3 hours minimum to get out and onto a highway. Then it took another hour to get up to the 55 mph speed limit. My season tickets are only six years away!!