Saturday, July 01, 2006

Very Big Weekend

I woke up slightly hung over this morning. Why? Because yesterday was my last day of work. I thought I'd be happy about that. It turns out I was a little sad. I liked working with my dad. I liked my job as an assistant and I liked most of the people I worked with. I really enjoyed getting to spend so much time with my dad, though. I loved surgeries in the morning when the patient was sedated and we could talk about whatever. Dinner the night before, hockey, baseball, Baby Julia...I'm going to miss that. But, I'll be back over Christmas break.

So, five years ago I woke up very hung over on this day, too. Why then? Because of John. When Esther met John, well, I wasn't there. In fact, I don't really remember much about John until he took her to a Sabres game against whatever team Gretzky was playing for at the time and got seats RIGHT BEHIND THE VISITORS BENCH. I think that when I decided either she needed to marry him or I would. I think everything worked out well. Five years ago yesterday they got married. From what I remember the wedding was great.





John has yet to get me that close to Wayne Gretzky, but he did have a part in making me an aunt. One year ago today!


And she's still just as beautiful:


HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIA!

No comments: