Sunday, July 09, 2006

Maeve

When Julia was born I sat in the waiting room for hours and hours with the entire family, well, waiting for John to come out and say, "It's a girl."

I've been looking forward to the same thing with Mike since I found out Lisa was pregnant in November.

Friday night I cashed in my birthday present and got a room at the Sutton Place in Toronto and an amazing meal at Canoe. In the middle of dinner something made me check my phone (which was silenced.) Esther had called. Amy, jokingly, said, "I hope it isn't Lisa in labor, 'cause I'm too drunk to drive us back to Buffalo" I said it couldn't be about that because the baby wasn't due until the 16th, and they PROMISED us not to have it while we were in Toronto.

Meet Maeve Katherine Garvey, born July 8th around 3:30 am, while I was fast asleep in the Sutton Place.



She's TINY (5 lb 12 oz, 19") but absolutely perfect. I'm on my way to visit her now. I'll post more pics tonight.

No comments: