Saturday, March 01, 2008

Day 1

HAPPY BufBloPoFo! I'm assuming you all know what's going on, since all 4 of you who read my blog are also participating, or at least also read Mike's blog.

Anyway, I have a funny story. Yesterday Amy and I went to Blockbuster. It was after work on a Friday so there were quite a few people in there looking at the movies, and about 5 people working behind the counter. We picked out our movies and were standing in line behind a couple with their little boy. He was probably about 4 or 5. He was jumping around, hopping on one foot, picking up all of the popcorn packages and candy and everything that was surrounding us standing in line. You know, like little kids do. Then they walked around the curve in the line and he hopped over to the movies for sale and started picked each one up and moving it to a new spot. He wasn't bothering anyone so his parents were just letting him do his thing. Out of the corner of my eye I saw him pick up a movie and study the cover for a few seconds before he turned around and yelled, loud enough for the whole store to hear, "MOM! I READ THIS ONE! IT SAYS JACKASS! IT SAYS JACKASS MOM! I CAN READ IT!" The mom laughed out loud (as did the rest of the store) and told the kid not to say that word, and read something else.

No comments: