Friday, April 13, 2007

GOLF LEAFS GOLF

When I was in college (the first time) I was the only Sabres fan on my floor...a floor full of Leafs fans. It was hard. So, at some point during the year, my roommate wrote GO LEAFS GO on our dry erase board on our door. I added an L and an F to both GO's so it said "GOLF LEAFS GOLF." It started an all out war. Every dry erase board on the floor had GO LEAFS GO on it, until I could fix it and add the L and F.


At that point, my hatred for the leafs was merely a normal hatred felt by any Buffalo fan. I mean, I hated them with all my heart and soul, but what Sabres fan doesn't?


Somehow, this season, I ended up going to a few of the Sabres/Leafs games in Buffalo. The Sabres won two and lost one, but it doesn't matter because we made the playoffs and they didn't ("we" as in the Sabres...I contributed quite a lot.) Each game made me hate the leafs more and more, though. All because of their fans. I'm very sorry to all of my Canadian friends, but, Leaf fans suck.


Which is why I LOVE this picture:




Haha, it makes me laugh and fills my heart with joy, mostly because I know it will piss off the fans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! Great post!