Friday, March 11, 2005

10 Things I've Done

I'm stealing this from Scott, but he stole it too, so it's OK. The other day in his blog he wrote about ten things he'd done that probably no one else had. So, here it goes.

Ten Things I've Done That You Probably Have Not:

10. Got 100% on The State Game. Really. I did.

9. Got sick the day after having my throat blessed. One day after mass the priests blessed the throat of anyone who wanted to stay and stand in line. Esther, Mo, and I stayed and waited so we wouldn't get sick. The next day I thought I was going to die.

8. Bought a pool for my bath toys. Well, actually, one of the rubber duckies came with his own pool, and I make him share it with the rest of them. I think it was the Hideki Matsui duck that came with the pool...he shares with Giambi, Hippo, Cookie Monster, Frog, and Plain Duck too, though.

7. I've been six-years-old for 17 years. It's true. Just ask my parents.

6. I won twice in Roll Up The Rim on one cup of Tim Hortons tea. You know how when you order tea from Tim's they give you 2 cups? Well, at the Tim's on Bay and Bloor in Toronto they give you 2 Roll Up The Rim cups (everywhere around here they give you 1 Roll Up The Rim cup and one plain Tim Hortons cup). I won on both cups. 2 free cookies!

5. Went to College for fun. Ok, I didn't actually go to college for fun. I did occasionally do some work, but I knew the whole time I was there that my degree wouldn't get me anywhere. I mean, Christianity? What kind of job would I get with that??? Yet I stayed there for 4 years...

4. I saw Aaron Boone hit the homerun that beat the Red Sox on October 16, 2003 to send the Yankees to the World Series. Of all the great sports moments I've seen, this was probably the most exciting. Maybe I'll write a blog on that game someday...

3. I traveled all the way to the UK to eat McDonalds, Johnny Rockets, Pizza Hut, and Domino's. I also slept through all the bus tours, skipped the church tours and went right to the gift shops, got kicked out of Windsor Castle (they mean it when they say "Do Not Open"), and sprayed Guinness all over my homestay bedroom...maybe you should be glad you didn't do this.

2. Spent 3 weeks in Mexico with people who have nothing. There were people who were dying of thirst and I couldn't give them water...literally.

1. Have spent hours upon hours bonding with my roommate while I'm showering. Ok, so, my roommate is a fish named Marzipan who lives in a bowl in my bathroom, but I bet none of you can say that, either...

No comments: