Thursday, April 26, 2007

I Can Fly

You know in Peter Pan how Peter teaches Wendy, Michael, and John how to fly by telling them to find their happiest memory? Well, when we were little we (we as in me, Louis, Mary, and some of our cousins) would try to fly by thinking about things that make little kids happy, like a world made entirely of candy, or having Christmas every day. We never flew. I think it's because I never had the right "happy thought." I found it yesterday.

My new happy thought? The way Julia looked at me and smiled, then buried her head in her blankets and laughed when I went to get her out of her bed after her nap yesterday. Remembering that can make me fly.

1 comment:

Esther said...

Today she came running out of her room stark naked, after pooping on the floor. I'm not flying.